Ministry of Economy and Finance/Program Management Office
Climate-Resilient Rice Commercialization Sector Development Program (Rice-SDP)/ADB Grant 0350
INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
PILOT TESTING OF WEATHER INDEXED CROP INSURANCE (WICI) SCHEME
(1) The Royal Government of Cambodia (RGC) has received a loan from the Asian Development Bank (ADB), and grants from the Global Agriculture and Food Security Program (GAFSP) and the Strategic Climate Fund (SCF) to implement the Climate-Resilient Rice Commercialization Sector Development Program (Rice-SDP). It is intended that a part of the proceeds of the SCF grant will be utilized for the feasibility study, detailed design and pilot testing of Weather Indexed Crop Insurance (WICI) scheme in selected areas of the Rice-SDP target provinces of Battambang, Kampong Thom and Prey Veng.
(2) The Ministry of Economy and Finance (MEF) is the Executing Agency for the Rice-SDP and has established a Program Management Office (PMO) to oversee its implementation. The MEF/PMO is implementing the WICI scheme and has established an Inter-Ministerial Technical Working Group (TWG) comprising of members from MEF, MAFF, and MOWRAM to provide guidance to the feasibility study, design and implementation of WICI. CambodiaRe is included as a member of the TWG. The TWG had worked closely with the firm conducting feasibility study on WICI and provided guidance in the study. The TWG is working closely with the WICI detailed design and pilot testing consulting firm. The WICI scheme will be pilot tested following a partnership model in the three target provinces.
(3) The MEF/PMO now seeks Expressions of Interest (EoIs) from Insurance Companies interested in participating and undertaking the WICI pilot test in the selected areas of three target provinces through a PPP arrangement. The Insurance Companies will be identified and selected on the basis of the following criteria:
(4) Interested Insurance Companies that can satisfy these criteria are invited to submit an EoI with an outline proposal for assessment by the joint selection committee that has been established by MEF/PMO to screen the applications. Eligible Insurance Companies will be selected and considered for participation in pilot testing of WICI scheme through a PPP arrangement. Insurance companies who have applied earlier need not apply again. There EoIs will be considered together with new EoIs.
(5) Sealed EoIs together with all supporting documents must be delivered to the address given below on or before 22 June 2020.
Ministry of Economy and Finance, Program Management Office, Rice SDP
Supreme National Economic Council, #208A, Preah Norodom Boulevard, Khan Chamcarmon,
Further information, please contact:
Khan Marika, PMO’s assistant, Tel: 061 222387/098 263333, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted Insurance Companies will be contacted for further discussion and negotiation.